Sexual Health Services
Whitegate Health Centre
Services we provide at Whitegate Health Centre Sexual Health Clinic.
- Screening and treatment for all Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), including HIV and Hepatitis
- Same day HIV testing
- Ongoing care and support for clients with HIV
- Outreach screening clinics
- We offer a wide range of contraceptive methods, including contraceptive pills, contraceptive injection (Depo-Provera), contraceptive implants and IUD and IUS (coil) insertion
- Emergency contraception
- Cervical screening (smear)
- Natural family planning (by appointment only)
- National Chylamydia Screening Programme member
- Pregnancy testing
- Ongoing support to people affected by HIV and Hepatitis
- Adherence clinics
- Follow-up patient blood clinics for patients
- Outreach BBV screening
- Screening for Hepatitis A, B and C
- Vaccinations for Hepatitis A and B (where appropriate)
- Access to a specialist HIV pharmacist to support patients
- Same day HIV testing available
Available to all Services
All teams offer free condoms and lubricants to patients who attend the service.
Sexual Health Services also provide health promotion and education around all elements of sexual health, including STIs, HIV, Hepatitis and contraceptive options to clients who attend the service and to other agencies on request.
The following services are available for patients referred by their GP or other health care professional.
- Vasectomy services
- Psychosexual counselling